E . Maukonen
P. O. Box 620838
Oviedo, FL 32762-0838
Note: most of the information below is horribly out of date. Please contact me at the email address above for an up to date resume' and CV.
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
2008 - present
Research Assistant, Engineer, and Shop Apprentice, Department of
Physics and CREOL
Hewlett-Packard Company, Orlando,
1982 - October 2005
- Graduate research assistant to Dr. Robert
Peale. Research includes FIR spectrometric analysis of mineral
particles, meteorite fragments, and gas mixtures (i.e. exoplanet
atmosphere models). Research apparatus design and fabrication of
cryostats, black bodies, and optical assemblies.
- Research assistant and Engineer to Dr. Joshua
Colwell. Projects include the design and fabrication of electronics as well as mechanical engineering design and fabrication of
apparatus in support of research at the Center for Microgravity Research.
- Project Engineer, CREOL.
- Shop assistant and apprentice, Physics Machine Shop.
Skilled in the use of metalworking tools, including mills, lathes, etc.
Skilled in the use of AutoDesk 3D.
Solutions Architect (2003 - October
- Business solution modeling of HP-UX, Linux, and custom IT
solutions; subject matter expert, technical writer, team and project
services including ad-hoc seminars and Technical Online Seminar
development and delivery.
Lead Technical Account Support
Consultant (1994 - 2003)
Engineer (1982 - 1994)
- Software support consulting (HP-UX, Linux, and ITIL) for some
of HP's Fortune 500 customers.
- Electronic test and measurement (T&M), and computer
hardware and software support; microwave, logic, DC and AC test systems
support, and ad-hoc project design and fabrication.
protocols and the use of general laboratory research apparatus (i.e.
hot plates, fume hoods, spectrometers, mortar and pestles, laboratory
grade scales, etc.).
- Proficient in electronic design and troubleshooting and engineering design including 3D drafting and CAD.
- Skilled in the use of metal shop equipment (i.e. lathe, mill, drill press, band saw and hand shop tools.
- Proficient in MS Office product suite, MS Project, Visio, GIMP, Origin, and the OpenOffice product suite.
computer system administration (Linux and HP-UX), and programming,
including shell scripting (bash, sh, Posix, ksh), Perl, and programming
languages (Python including SciPy and matplotlib, C, FORTRAN, HTML).
coursework in computer science, theatre, and electrical engineering
- Graduate studies in Planetary Science, UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, Orlando, FL (2011)
- B. S., Physics (astonomy track), UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL
FLORIDA, Orlando, FL (2010)
HP Project and Risk
Management Curriculum (HP), ITIL Essentials (Foundation), Linux I and
II (HP Ed. - Red Hat, SuSE, and Debian), HP-UX 11i (HP), VxVM,
OV-NNM/OBII(Data Protector), and other products.
Extra class Amateur Radio Operator
(K4DDM), amateur photographer - wet and digital mediums, woodworker,
and theatrical lighting designer. Member SAGE/USENIX,
ARC@UCF. Deactivated DOD security clearance.
Curriculum vitae, design samples and other information available at: http://twoswords.twilightparadox.com
References available on